Software Development Manager - Tesla Fremont
Tesla is seeking an experienced Software Engineering Manager to join our Core Services team as we re-imagine the purchase and ownership experience through Tesla.com.
In this leadership role, you will build the foundational, global API Gateway & Microservices ecosystem that powers the vehicle purchasing and ownership experience on Tesla.com. Additionally, you will tear down a legacy monolith technology stack and migrate that to a new Microservices ecosystem, which needs to be refactored heavily. This microservices ecosystem will be built on .NetCore with some new services on GoLang and deployed on our growing number of on-prem datacenters across the globe.
We will have some workloads running in public clouds (think AWS/GCP) as well. You will have a team of 5-8 Engineers to begin with and eventually grow it to 20 Engineers in the near future. You will create the quarterly roadmap by working with several stakeholders (Heads of Sales, Delivery, Finance & Service business units & other cross functional teams at Tesla including CRM, ERP etc). This quarterly roadmap will be a mix of core product features along with technical debt/infrastructure related work that needs to be completed in order to realize this API Gateway & Microservices eco-system. This will be a career defining role with lots of freedom to run and with tremendous visibility across the Org.
- Great communication skills
- Experience working within a fast paced environment
- Any one programming language Java/J2EE/.Net/Go
- Extensive experience with Distributed Systems, REST APIs, API Gateways/Micro services
- Strong team player with experience managing at least 8 to 20 Engineers
- Experience building consumer facing web applications
- Focus on Site availability and building Fault Tolerant Systems
- BS/CS and 10+ years industry experience or other evidence of exceptional ability
- The following skills will be a plus for this role:
- Kubernetes, Docker
- CI/CD and Developer Productivity Tools
- Customer facing Native apps (iOS/Android)
- Experience building Cloud native applications
- Any public/private cloud experience