The Digital Cockpit team creates new automotive hardware platforms that enable new human interactions. Areas of focus include: SOC (System On Chip) CPUs, FPGAs, DC-DC converters, LCD Display Drivers, Camera input, Audio input and output, Wireless including interoperability, Antennas, Ethernet, and other input and output. We own the human-machine interface.
The Hardware Manager – Digital Cockpit, leads a team of development engineers responsible for all aspects of hardware design: Architecture, component selection, Bill of Materials, schematic entry, FPGA design, signal and power integrity, PCB layout, bringup, design validation, packaging, transfer to manufacturing, and documentation.
- Lead the team: Recruit new team members, coach team members, provide a playful but challenging work environment.
- Develop state of the art infotainment products for automotive using leading edge SOCs (System On Chip).
- Work on all aspects of the product life cycle from concept to design to outsourced NPI (New Product Introduction) to validation and test, and to MP (Mass Production).
- Evaluate and select ICs and discrete components to use in designs, working with Supply Chain team. Develop relationships with suppliers.
- Supervise design of circuits, schematics, PCB layouts, and packaging.
- Effectively work with Digital Cockpit software team and other cross-functional teams within Nio, both local and international.
- Assure quality design through best design practices, followed up by testing: Products meet environmental, EMC, Safety, and other Design Validation requirements, including DFM (Design For Manufacturing).
- Fill in any gaps in team through hands-on efforts, tapping cross-functional resources, or specialized hiring.
- Bachelors or Masters in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or related technical field.
- Ten plus years of high end embedded CPU product design and development experience, with a variety of high speed I/O included on the same product.
- Five plus years experience managing hardware development teams.
- Demonstrated engineering discipline throughout the development life cycle (requirements discovery and specification, prototyping, vendor management, design validation, NPI, and mass production).
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems at all levels: component, board, and especially system level.
- Experience in high speed serial design such as PCIe, Gigabit Ethernet, USB 3.0, and DDR4. Experience in I2C, SPI, and I2S as well.
- Experience working with audio, video, and RF circuits: Experience addressing issues in mixed analog/digital designs.
- Ok with travel to Asia as required.
- Experience developing automotive ECUs.
- FPGA development experience a plus.
Our mission is to shape a joyful lifestyle for our users by offering smart, premium electric vehicles and providing the best user experience. We are a global company with world-class research and development, design and manufacturing centers in Shanghai, Beijing, San Jose, Munich, London and nine other locations. NIO U.S. is our Global Advanced Technology Center and North American headquarters.
Our global company has achieved many great milestones such as:
· Securing the inaugural Formula E Drivers’ Championship title in 2015
· Unveiling the fastest electric car in the world, the EP9, and setting a lap record for an electric vehicle at the Nürburgring Nordschleife in 2016
· Unveiling its vision car, EVE, in 2017
· Setting a new world speed record for an autonomous vehicle with the EP9 at the Circuit of the Americas in 2017
· Launching the ES8, a seven-seat high performance electric SUV, on December 16 with deliveries slated to begin in 2018.
Want to be a part of this? Join us!
NIO is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, present or past history of mental disability, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law.
NIO US is an E-Verify employer.