Electra Meccanica is an electric vehicle company based in Vancouver BC, developing unique and exciting vehicles for the 21st century.
We have partnered with Intermeccanica, a company with 50+ years of automotive manufacturing excellence to produce a commuter car that is environmentally friendly, fun to drive, and accessible to the consumer. This is a fantastic opportunity to join the electric vehicle industry.
We are seeking an electrical engineer to join our lean and agile team. This role reports to the Head of Engineering.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The engineer will use strong analytical and organization skills, approach problems from a first principals’ perspective and deliver with great attention to detail. At Electra Meccanica superior work is encouraged, noticed and rewarded and individuals carry significant responsibility. Duties include:
- Prepare and/or review system design requirements to ensure adherence to electrical design guidelines and all market regulations governing assigned systems.
- Specify, source, integrate, and validate electrical components and sub-systems.
- Identity preferred vendors and prepare requirements for supply chain department.
- Complete and release components, sub-system and detail designs, using a mix of in-house design and supplier engineering where required.
- Create technical documentation for product manufacturing, software integration, test procedures and reports.
- Provide technical support to the manufacturing, software, testing, and customer service teams.
- Other duties as required.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor of Applied Science in Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
- 4+ years of experience in automotive product design or engineering, from concept through release and launch for production.
- Proven experience in design and trouble shooting of analog and digital control systems, wiring harnesses, and embedded controllers.
- Experience with electronic design, schematic and PCB design using Altium Designer.
- Experience with developing and verifying control logic, configuration and programming with MATLAB and Simulink.
- Knowledge and experience selecting and ordering electrical components.
- Strong knowledge of automotive safety standards.
- Willing to pitch in and get your hands dirty.
- Minimum of 1 full automotive development life cycle, through design,
development, release and launch considered an asset.
- As many of our vendors are overseas fluency in Mandarin would be an asset.