The San Jose Powertrain group is responsible for advanced engineering and development of future systems for NIO vehicles. You will collaborate in a team with other engineers and designers to develop an autonomous driving car that delights the consumer.
The Electric Drive Unit Noise, Vibration and Harshness (NVH) Expert will lead the planning, monitoring and implementation of NVH targets for the complete electric drive unit system and included subsystems. Additionally, the Electric Drive Unit NVH Expert will lead the planning, monitoring and implementation of the NVH targets with the vehicle integration group.
A firm understanding in both theory and practice in NVH, especially as it pertains to electric motors, advanced high-speed gear trains, and power electronics is required. Clear communication and leadership competencies are required to facilitate cross-functional decisions based on interaction with other electric drive system teams and the vehicle level.
The Electric Drive Unit Noise, Vibration and Harshness (NVH) Expert will report to the Manager, Electric Drive Unit.
- Responsible for the target setting, planning and monitoring of NVH in the drive unit subsystems, the complete drive unit, and the interface to the vehicle
- Responsible for guiding CAE and test activities related to NVH, including specifying procedures and instrumentation plans
- Interface closely with internal and external parties and coordinate the achievement of NVH targets through to production
- Lead technical design reviews within NIO and affiliated companies/partners
- Assist in preparation of 8Ds and other quality/reliability reports to ensure continuous improvement
- Masters Degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar; doctorate a plus
- Professional experience with NVH target setting, including familiarity with current CAE and testing methods
- Experience developing product validation and verification plans, both testing and CAE
- Working experience with Quality & Reliability disciplines (FMEA, 8D & APQP) and development process (PLM or PDM)
- Working experience with OEM program design process and timing, including milestone gateways
- Strong communication skills (verbal, written and presentation) and ability to discuss technical issues with wide range of audiences
- Present to various levels of management with different depth of expertise
- Articulate specifics on product details
- Describe development proposals and problem descriptions
- Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, etc.)
- Electric drive unit or subsystem experience, especially within OEM’s and/or tier 1 suppliers
Character Traits and Related Responsibility
- Able to work with all levels of management and team members
- Must display ability to work with a team of engineers in a multi-disciplinary and fast-paced automotive environment
- Must be able to accept personal responsibility and accountability for design release and integration activities
- Must communicate directly with management and cross-functional module leaders on daily basis, within San Jose office and globally
- Able to develop and negotiate with program stakeholders to create win-win consensus
- Able to create substantial results within a wide scope of responsibilities and tasks
- Able to travel domestically within US and internationally on frequent basis (assuming 20%)
- Able to work flexible hours to accommodate multiple time zones
NIO Inc. is a pioneer in China’s premium electric vehicle market, founded in November 2014. NIO’s mission is to shape a joyful lifestyle by offering premium smart electric vehicles and being the best user enterprise. NIO designs, jointly manufactures, and sells smart and connected premium electric vehicles, driving innovations in next-generation technologies in connectivity, autonomous driving and artificial intelligence. Redefining the user experience, NIO provides users with comprehensive, convenient and innovative charging solutions and other user-centric services. NIO began deliveries of the ES8, a 7-seater high-performance premium electric SUV in China from June 2018 and officially launched the ES6, a 5-seater high-performance premium electric SUV, on NIO Day, December 15, 2018.
Equal Employment Opportunity
NIO is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, present or past history of mental disability, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law.
NIO US is an E-Verify employer.