We are seeking an individual who has been part of a small fast growth business and who can effectively create business opportunities for emerging (most likely technology based) solutions. This role is based in London (with home working) with UK wide travel. Our Clients Business Development Executive pitches our solutions and process to local authorities and parking estate managers. You will manage formal tender processes. As our Business Development Executive, you will be responsible for generating new opportunities, nurturing prospects, generating the sales pipeline (typical values £100k - £750k) and owning the ongoing relationship with existing customers. You will have a sound knowledge of technical sales strategy, processes and techniques, of marketing in general, of local government and be able to demonstrate a solid understanding of digital and industrial products. You will use your new-business sales experience and have the ability to close deals and develop relationships with Environment Officers, Project Managers and Procurement Officers in the Public Sector and Estate Managers in the private sector. You will be highly motivated and thrive in a high achieving culture.
- Identify new potential clients and schedule meetings with the decision makers. Ensure the company is known throughout the prospect organisation.
- Work with the other members of the char.gy team to grow and manage a pipeline of new business opportunities.
- Ensure the company is on all the relevant companies’ and councils’ tender lists.
- Responsible for growing and nurturing relationships with prospects to create solid foundations for lasting partnerships
- Convert prospects to happy customers
- Contribute to marketing initiatives aimed at generating new business and nurturing relationships with pipeline prospects
- Able to discern which opportunities are ‘true’ opportunities with good fit and those which are not
- Identify new ways to reach target audience
- Create opportunities at various networking events, activities, conferences and exhibitions
- Good knowledge of prominent web, mobile and social platforms and services
- A basic understanding of Agile methods, features and benefits
- A strong commercial outlook, understanding the importance of producing tangible results
- Ability to work independently and also perform parallel tasks working collaboratively with colleagues
- Report on forecasts and KPIs
- Grow a small business development team
Skills & Experience:
- Experienced Sales / Account Manager / Relationship Manager with a track record of new business development and sales growth.
- Relevant experience selling services within Digital sectors.
- Client focused, honest, high energy and pro-active personality.
- Highly credible, with excellent listening / verbal / written communication skills.
- Understanding and experience working with local authorities
- Excellent presentation and demonstration skills.
- The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate proven business development and sales experience. Your background should demonstrate competencies that will transfer easily to this sector.
You will likely be educated to degree level or have a professional qualification.
Contact Millbank using the link for further details